Strange errors with Net::SSH and all network libraries

Sebastian W.

Hello all,
I'm getting the strangest errors today whenever I use a library that
needs to over the network. I'm thinking this could be because I have a
really old network card?

I've traced through and the problem seems to be that whenever data is
about to go on the wire, I get an error back saying that the system is
out of TCP packets. Does anyone have any experience with how to fix
this? Do I need to replace my card, or do I have to "fill up" some Ruby
config file somewhere?

Any help appreciated! This has been bugging me ALL DAY.

Joel VanderWerf

Sebastian said:
Hello all,
I'm getting the strangest errors today whenever I use a library that
needs to over the network. I'm thinking this could be because I have a
really old network card?

I've traced through and the problem seems to be that whenever data is
about to go on the wire, I get an error back saying that the system is
out of TCP packets. Does anyone have any experience with how to fix
this? Do I need to replace my card, or do I have to "fill up" some Ruby
config file somewhere?

Any help appreciated! This has been bugging me ALL DAY.

You can buy fresh tcp packets in bulk at an office depot or equivalent.
Should run you about $0.10 the hundred, if you don't care about brand name.

It's April Fools' ALL DAY. Apologies if yours was a serious question.

Sebastian W.

Joel said:
You can buy fresh tcp packets in bulk at an office depot or equivalent.
Should run you about $0.10 the hundred, if you don't care about brand
name.

It's April Fools' ALL DAY. Apologies if yours was a serious question.

Nope - you got it! ; )