string and objects

Guest

RobG said:
So do I, more likely your statistics software is miscounting
"visits".  You might find the following article interesting:

<URL:http://virtuelvis.com/archives/2005/05/statistics-nonsense>

My stats come from my web space provider, they collate all this stuff
FOC, so thats why its probably dodgy :)
still, it keeps me entertained looking at it!

Put your script into an external script file, then validate at:

<URL:http://validator.w3.org/>
Thanks for that, showed up quite a few errors.

Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Jeremy said:
I'm a big fan of IEs4Linux, even have their easter-egg version installed
(Hint: Use the Source, Luke).

However, I have run across one instance where it was using slightly
different DLLs than "Real" install of IE6.  I /think/ the real version of
IE6 was behind a patch level for something, but its been long enough I
don't recall.

ACK. I have the particular problem that my IE 7.0 from IEs4Linux
runs, but it just doesn't navigate. Loading a Web site takes forever,
and nothing is displayed in the viewport at all. I tried reinstalling
the newest beta, tried even the IE6 proxy settings hack, but to no
avail. If anyone solved this problem, please help. TIA.

PointedEars

Garrett Smith

kangax said:
Thomas said:
kangax wrote: [...]
Were you ever concerned about such "memory hog"?

No, as I think of these Function objects as rather small in memory.
But I
might be mistaken.
Have you, perhaps, performed any tests on this matter?
No.

I'm curious if this issue is significant enough to worry about.

Add me. But how does one *reliably* detect if there are memory issues?

I published an article on a subject of named function expressions a
couple of days ago
<http://yura.thinkweb2.com/named-function-expressions/>. There are some
tests related to JScript issue we discuss here. You might be interested
to look at them.

I'm also open to any suggestions/corrections, of course.

There is no need to use an empty statement following a FunctionDeclaration.

You've taken APE.dom.contains[1], renamed it to "contans" and did not
mention where the code came from and you know exactly where it came from
and we have discussed that in email from about 6 weeks ago.
http://github.com/GarrettS/ape-java...c2400b1212d8297e76/src/dom/traversal-f.js#L22
Thats copyright violation.

I don't feel like reviewing much more of that, for reasons which should
be obvious.

I'm not quite sure what your problem is. You seem to want to keep it a
secret.

Garrett

Garrett Smith

kangax said:
Garrett said:
kangax wrote: [...]
I'm also open to any suggestions/corrections, of course.

There is no need to use an empty statement following a
FunctionDeclaration.

You've taken APE.dom.contains[1], renamed it to "contans" and did not
mention where the code came from and you know exactly where it came from

Garrett, I did not rename anything. I did take `contains` "as is" from
APE of course. I should have mentioned where it is taken from but

Yes.

// (GS) contans?
var contans = (function() {
var docEl = document.documentElement;

if (typeof docEl.compareDocumentPosition != 'undefined') {
return function(el, b) {
return (el.compareDocumentPosition(b) & 16) !== 0;
else if (typeof docEl.contains != 'undefined') {
return function(el, b) {
return el !== b && el.contains(b);
return function(el, b) {
if (el === b) return false;
// (GS) Should use !==.
while (el != b && (b = b.parentNode) != null);
return el === b;
}
})() // (GS) don't rely on automatic semicolon insertion.

[...]
Please, let me know if there are any other oversights.

Time to go the the gym.

Garrett