String containing HTML code is not rendering in JSP

Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I have a JSR168 portlet that uses portlet preferences to store a HTML string.

When I want to display this value in my JSP, I'm calling:

Code:
<%
String breadcrumbText = (String)preferences.getValue(FCC_GenericCategoryPortlet.EDIT_DEFAULTS_KEY7, "");
%>

Code:
<%=breadcrumbText %>

The value of breadcrumbText is: You are here: <a href="/index.html">Home</a> > A to Z of Services

And what I would like it to print out in my JSP as:
You are here: Home > A to Z of Services

If I create another String:

Code:

Then output this as:

Code:
<%=htmlTest %>

Then the tect is bold and underlined as expected.

Is there a way I can get my breadcrumbText String to be output in the same was as htmlTest?

Thanks

Joined
Oct 20, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Has anyone seen this problem before? I've still not found a solution, so I think it might be an issue that only IBM can fix.

Anyone got any suggestions?