Struts, How to get at bean properties

Dave

I think this is a simple struts question....

I want to display information on a page in a static way. That is, not
as part of text elements. I can't find an appropriate struts tag to
use.

This what I did find. The form bean will be named the same as the
"name" attribute of the <form-bean> element in the struts-config.xml.

So if I have a form bean with 2 string properties, such as str1 and
str2, I can get the values on my jsp this way:

<jsp:useBean
id="DataForm"
scope="session"
type="com.mycompany.DataForm" />

But that doesn't seem like the right way to do this. I expected some
kind of special tag that I'll call "getprop":

What is the right way to do this?

Murray

Dave said:
I think this is a simple struts question....

I want to display information on a page in a static way. That is, not
as part of text elements. I can't find an appropriate struts tag to
use.

This what I did find. The form bean will be named the same as the
"name" attribute of the <form-bean> element in the struts-config.xml.

So if I have a form bean with 2 string properties, such as str1 and
str2, I can get the values on my jsp this way:

<jsp:useBean
id="DataForm"
scope="session"
type="com.mycompany.DataForm" />

But that doesn't seem like the right way to do this. I expected some
kind of special tag that I'll call "getprop":

What is the right way to do this?

<bean:write name="DataForm" property="str1"/>