Struts - setting up defaultweb.xml

Eirik Eldorsen

I've just decided to use Struts and my project and trying to set up my
server (Jboss 3.0.8)

I've tried running the example war files that comes with Struts, and they
worked perfect.
I then tried moving the jar files from the war file, to the server/all/lib
folder, and still everythings ok.
My problem occurs when I'm trying to move the stuff in web.xml over to the
defaultweb.xml.
Moving the taglibs was no problem, but when moving the action servlet stuff
it created an null pointer exception, before I even tried to deploy the
example war files.

Here is what I tried to put into defaultweb.xml

<servlet>
<servlet-name>action</servlet-name>
<init-param>
<param-name>application</param-name>
<param-value>ApplicationResources</param-value>
</init-param>
<init-param>
<param-name>config</param-name>
</init-param>