submit form to different locations on Radio buttons toggle

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by sam, May 26, 2006.

  1. sam

    sam Guest

    Hi All,

    I have a form with 4 checkboxes and 4 text boxes and one submit button.
    The form should work such a way when I select a particular checkbox and
    give a url in text box, the form should get submitted to that url
    entered in the text box. Is this possible. I know to submit form by
    metioning the action attribute only. How do this with one button but
    submitting to different locations on different selection...Can any one
    help me proceed further. My form will look something like this.

    Thanks,
    Sam

    <head>
    </head>
    <script>
    function submitme()
    {
    var form = document.forms['test_submit'];
    var selected = form.elements.chk;

    if (selected[0].checked)
    {
    var url = document.test_submit.text1.value;
    form.submit(url); // is this correct at all, I get an error
    }
    else if (selected[1].checked)
    {
    do something to submit the value entered in text box
    }
    else if (selected[2].checked)
    {
    do something to submit the value entered in text box
    }
    else if (selected[3].checked)
    {
    do something to submit the value entered in text box
    </script>
    20px;">
    <form name="test_submit" action="#" method="POST">
    <input type="checkbox" name="chk" value="rd1" /><input type="text"
    name="text1" />
    <input type="checkbox" name="chk" value="rd2" /><input type="text"
    name="text2" />
    <input type="checkbox" name="chk" value="rd2" /><input type="text"
    name="text3" />
    <input type="checkbox" name="chk" value="rd2" /><input type="text"
    name="text4" />
    <input type="submit" name="submit1" value="Submit to desired value"
    onclick="javascript:submitme();">
    </form>

    sam, May 26, 2006

  2. sam

    Dag Sunde Guest

    <snipped/>

    Try something like
    frm.action=url;

    instead, and terminate your onSubmit function with
    return true;

    Dag Sunde, May 26, 2006