suds: how to set proxy?

Johann Spies

According to the suds documentation I can set the proxy setting like this:

d = dict(http='host:80', https='host:443', ...)
client.set_options(proxy=d)

My problem is that you can only do that after 'client' was initiated like this:

client = Client(url)

And I need the proxy to reach the url.

I have tried the following ending in a SYN_SENT each time - ignoring
the proxy settings:

proxy = dict(http='proxy.sun.ac.za:3128', https='proxy.sun.ac.za:3128')

url = 'url_of_wdsl'
t = HttpAuthenticated()
client = Client(url, proxy = proxy, transport = t,
username='myusername', password='pw')

or

url = 'url_of_wdsl'
t = HttpAuthenticated()
client = Client(url, transport = t, username='myusername', password='pw')
client.set_options(proxy=proxy)

So how do I get suds to respect the proxy setting?

Regards
Johann
--
 May grace and peace be yours in abundance through the full knowledge
of God and of Jesus our Lord!  His divine power has given us