swapping columns on ItemDataBoundEventHandler

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Datagrid Control' started by Tim, Apr 21, 2004.

  1. Tim

    Tim Guest

    Hi,

    In the below code, a count of the DataGrid1.Columns yields zero
    columns even after the ItemDataBound event is raised; otherwise,
    DataGrid1.DataBind() works fine if I comment out
    ItemDataBoundEventHandler as a datagrid with 8 columns and 20 rows is
    rendered. In the GetTable(OleDBDataReader) function, I take a dataset
    and append a column that displays the row- count at the very front of
    the datagrid. I want to swap this row-count column with the first
    column of the dataset.

    DataSet ds = new DataSet();
    ds.Tables.Add(this.GetTable(dr));
    DataGrid1.DataSource = ds.Tables[0];

    DataGrid1.DataBind();

    }

    void ItemDataBoundEventHandler(object sender, DataGridItemEventArgs e)
    {
    DataGridColumn dgCol1;
    DataGridColumn dgCol2;

    dgCol1 = DataGrid1.Columns[0];