SWT: double buffering

nickm687

Hi all,
I have created the below code using SWT very quickly which fades an
image. The problem is that it flickers very much ruining the effect.

Any ideas guys?

Regards
Nick

import org.eclipse.swt.SWT;
import org.eclipse.swt.events.PaintEvent;
import org.eclipse.swt.events.PaintListener;
import org.eclipse.swt.graphics.GC;
import org.eclipse.swt.graphics.Image;
import org.eclipse.swt.graphics.ImageData;
import org.eclipse.swt.layout.FillLayout;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Canvas;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display;
import org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Shell;

public class test2 {
Display display = new Display();
Shell shell = new Shell(display);

new test2();
}

public test2() {

shell.setLayout(new FillLayout());
shell.setSize(500, 500);
shell.open();
shell.pack();
ImageData imageData = new ImageData("logo.jpg");
// Image halfImage = new Image(display,imageData);
Canvas canvas1 = new Canvas(shell,SWT.DOUBLE_BUFFERED);
GC CGC = new GC(canvas1);

for (int i=255; i>=0; i = i-4) {
shell.setSize(500, 500);
canvas1.setSize(500,500);
CGC.fillRectangle(0, 0, 500, 500);
// display.update();
imageData.alpha = i;
CGC.drawImage(new Image(display,imageData), 0, 0);
display.update();
try {
Thread.sleep(20);
} catch (InterruptedException e) {
// TODO Auto-generated catch block
e.printStackTrace();

// imageData.alpha = 64;
// final Image quarterImage = new Image(display,imageData);
/**
Canvas canvas = new Canvas(shell,SWT.NO_REDRAW_RESIZE);
canvas.addPaintListener(new PaintListener() {
public void paintControl(PaintEvent e) {
// e.gc.drawImage(fullImage,0,0);
e.gc.drawImage(halfImage,140,0);
// e.gc.drawImage(quarterImage,280,0);

}