SWT: how to keep the toolbar compact when resizing the app windows?

Hardy

Hi gurus,

I'm new to SWT and I have a problem which I don't know how to
resolve.

what I needs:

an app window with a toolbar, and a text control under the toolbar.
when the app window resizes, the toolbar keep its size (height, the
width enlarged to fill the new space if applicable) and the text
resize to fill all the windows. I tried filllayout, gridlayout,
rowlayout but just no luck. I believe there must be something I don't
know..

pls help... with a simple example... thank you very much!

Display display = Display.getDefault();
Shell shell = new Shell();

shell.setText("SWT Application");
shell.setLayout(new FillLayout(SWT.VERTICAL));

ToolBar toolBar = new ToolBar(shell, SWT.FLAT | SWT.RIGHT |
SWT.VERTICAL);

ToolItem tltmFile = new ToolItem(toolBar, SWT.NONE);
tltmFile.setText("File");

text = new Text(shell, SWT.BORDER);

shell.open();
shell.layout();