Sybase connection error

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by lnatz, Jul 28, 2006.

  1. lnatz

    lnatz Guest

    Hi I am having a problem with this line of code:
    $DBH =
    DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=$dbserver", $dbuser, $dbpassword)
    || die "$DBI::errstr";
    $DBH->do("use $database");

    I am getting this error when executing:
    DBI connect('server=NYT_LIBRAONLINE','natrabi
    ',...) failed: Server message number=4002 severity=14 state=1 line=0
    server=NYTINV3T002 text=Login failed.
    OpenClient message: LAYER = (4) ORIGIN = (1) SEVERITY = (4) NUMBER =
    (44)
    Server NYT_LIBRAONLINE, database
    Message String: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error:
    The attempt to connect to the server failed.
    at ./purge.pl line 45
    Server message number=4002 severity=14 state=1 line=0
    server=NYTINV3T002 text=Login failed.
    OpenClient message: LAYER = (4) ORIGIN = (1) SEVERITY = (4) NUMBER =
    (44)
    Server NYT_LIBRAONLINE, database
    Message String: ct_connect(): protocol specific layer: external error:
    The attempt to connect to the server failed.

    Basically I am trying to connect to Sybase and I can't figure out what
    I am missing.

    lnatz, Jul 28, 2006

  2. lnatz

    DJ Stunks Guest

    I would say this is an authentication problem:

    http://manuals.sybase.com/onlineboo...vrtsg/@Generic__BookTextView/39367;pt=39281/*

    -jp

    DJ Stunks, Jul 28, 2006