System.DirectoryServices missing reference

Markus Bauer

Hi there,

here a typical "bloody newbie" question:

I am programming a simple Webservice who should add a user to AD.
My programming environment is the superbe visual notepad ;-)

Here is my problem:

If I call the asmx page in my ie, the explorer shows me an compiler
error, that the type or the namespace "DirectoryServices" does not exist
in the class "System"...

I think there is the reference missing for the "DirectoryServices.dll".
For the System.Web.Services he did it automaticly.
Now I don´t know, where I must write this reference.

I´m using .NET Framework 1.1 on Win2k Server

Any suggestions?

TIA

Markus