'System.Web.UI.MobileControls.MobilePage' is ambiguous

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Mobile' started by jwill_mis, Mar 25, 2008.

  1. jwill_mis

    jwill_mis Guest

    I am receiving the above error when trying to navigate to an ASPX page with
    the following declaration, "Register TagPrefix="mobile"
    Namespace="System.Web.UI.MobileControls"
    Assembly="C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\System.Web.Mobile\2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a\System.Web.Mobile.dll" %>"

    I have been beating my head against the wall trying to figure this ot. I
    have tried everything listed on the web including deleting all binaries in
    the BIN dir and recompiling. There is also some threads that say that the
    Global.ASAX page needs to be deleted. My project does not use a GLobal.ASAX
    as far as I can tell. I have tried deleting the System.Web.Mobile.dll from
    the GAC without luck (Dependencies) and I have also moved the same DLL to the
    BIN directory of my prject without luck.

    I am also using VS 2008 with the .NET 3.5 framework.

    Has anyone expereinced this problem? Please help.

    Thanks

    jwill_mis, Mar 25, 2008