Text box does not display the whole value

navin

Hi Alll,

In one of my pages, i have this weird problem. I am getting a value
from first page to second page through Cat = Request.Form("Category")
but when I try to put the value of Cat into a text box it does not
show the entire value.

Eg. if Cat contains "Invoice Resolution", in the text box it displays
only "Invoice" and not the entire value of variable Cat

<% Cat = Request.Form("Category") %>

<input type="text" name="txtImprovementArea" size="26" tabindex="2"
value=<%= Cat %> readonly>

I have checked and request.form does return the entire value but does
not show up in the text box.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Navin

Adrienne Boswell

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed navin <[email protected]>
writing in (e-mail address removed):
Hi Alll,

In one of my pages, i have this weird problem. I am getting a value
from first page to second page through Cat = Request.Form("Category")
but when I try to put the value of Cat into a text box it does not
show the entire value.

Eg. if Cat contains "Invoice Resolution", in the text box it displays
only "Invoice" and not the entire value of variable Cat

<% Cat = Request.Form("Category") %>

<input type="text" name="txtImprovementArea" size="26" tabindex="2"
value=<%= Cat %> readonly>

I have checked and request.form does return the entire value but does
not show up in the text box.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Navin

Look at the source. What does the source say?

Evertjan.

navin wrote on 24 jun 2009 in microsoft.public.inetserver.asp.general:
Hi Alll,

In one of my pages, i have this weird problem. I am getting a value
from first page to second page through Cat = Request.Form("Category")
but when I try to put the value of Cat into a text box it does not
show the entire value.

Eg. if Cat contains "Invoice Resolution", in the text box it displays
only "Invoice" and not the entire value of variable Cat

<% Cat = Request.Form("Category") %>

<input type="text" name="txtImprovementArea" size="26" tabindex="2"
value=<%= Cat %> readonly>

One of the first mistake asp newbees make,
and even occasionally seasoned html/asp programmers now and then.

Try it with quotes:

value = '<% = Cat %>'

or

value = "<% = Cat %>"

[making sure, that Cat does not contain the same type of quotes]

navin

[...]

Thank you very much for helping me out. I will remember this tip.