The format of the file 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data' is invalid

js

I got this error when I moved my application to a new Windows 2003
server. I installed and recompiled the
'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary - June 2005" then added these
assemblies to the development machine's Assembly Cache. The assemblies
version appears to be 1.1.0.0. I changed the project reference to the
newly compiled EnterpriseLibrary DLLs. The Web.Config of my
application root, I also have the following <configSections>. I don't
know why at runtime it is still asking for
Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data, Version=1.0.0.0. Please
help. Thanks.

======================== My Web.Config (partial)
==========================
<configSections>
<section name="enterpriselibrary.configurationSettings"
type="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration.ConfigurationManagerSectionHandler,

Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Configuration,
Version=1.1.0.0,
Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=60c24972b7c20af7" />
</configSections>

<enterpriselibrary.configurationSettings
applicationName="DMS_ASPX"
xmlns="http://www.microsoft.com/practices/enterpriselibrary/08-31-2004/configuration">
<configurationSections>
<configurationSection xsi:type="ReadOnlyConfigurationSectionData"
name="dataConfiguration" encrypt="false">
<storageProvider xsi:type="XmlFileStorageProviderData"
name="XML File Storage Provider" path="dataConfiguration.config" />
<dataTransformer xsi:type="XmlSerializerTransformerData"
name="Xml Serializer Transformer">
<includeTypes />
</dataTransformer>
</configurationSection>
</configurationSections>
<keyAlgorithmStorageProvider xsi:nil="true" />
<includeTypes />
</enterpriselibrary.configurationSettings>

========================= Runtime Error =========================

Exception Details: System.BadImageFormatException: The format of the
file 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data' is invalid.

Source Error:

[No relevant source lines]

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\root\88f31b66\ffb9ac8b\x-56vhi4.0.cs Line: 0

Assembly Load Trace: The following information can be helpful to
determine why the assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data'
could not be loaded.

=== Pre-bind state information ===
LOG: DisplayName = Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data,
Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=60c24972b7c20af7
(Fully-specified)
LOG: Appbase = file:///C:/Inetpub/DMS_Net
LOG: Initial PrivatePath = bin
Calling assembly : DMS_ASPX, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=null.
===

LOG: Publisher policy file is not found.
LOG: No redirect found in host configuration file
(c:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet.config).
LOG: Using machine configuration file from
C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\config\machine.config.
LOG: Post-policy reference: Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data,
Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=60c24972b7c20af7
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/root/88f31b66/ffb9ac8b/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///c:/windows/microsoft.net/framework/v1.1.4322/Temporary ASP.NET
Files/root/88f31b66/ffb9ac8b/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DLL.
LOG: Attempting download of new URL
file:///C:/Inetpub/DMS_Net/bin/Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.DLL.

Stack Trace:

[BadImageFormatException: The format of the file
'Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data' is invalid.]
DMS_ASPX.Helper.DataBroker..ctor() +0
DMS_ASPX.form.main..ctor() +53
ASP.main_aspx..ctor() in
c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET
Files\root\88f31b66\ffb9ac8b\x-56vhi4.0.cs:0

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of
an invocation.]
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly) +0
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +66
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +164

[HttpException (0x80004005): Failed to create page of type
'ASP.main_aspx'.]
System.Web.UI.TemplateControlParser.GetCompiledInstance(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +341
System.Web.UI.PageParser.GetCompiledPageInstanceInternal(String
virtualPath, String inputFile, HttpContext context) +43
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String url, String path) +44
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context,
String requestType, String path, String pathTranslated, Boolean
useAppConfig) +699

System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication+IExecutionStep.Execute()
+95
completedSynchronously) +173

js

Ok. I solved this problem myself. It turns out that the Enterprise
Library Configuration utility created two .config files in the
application root:

web.config
dataconfiguration.config

I changed the reference version in both of the config file to the
correct version.