The "replaceAll" method of the String Class can't work, if a "?" character is in the value of an att

blmblm

Damn, I really *was* sure, that this word has more uses than just
for 3rd person...

I think there is some "usenet law", that claims that everyone
correcting another poster's grammer is bound to make some
grammar-related error in his posting, as well.

Aren't I right?

I know it as "Skitt's Law":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skitt's_law

There may be other versions.

Daniel Pitts

It still amazes me how anyone buys into the GG star-rating system, given its
manifest, obvious and freely-discussed shortcomings.

Yes, I do! The fact that I got the 5-start ratings on my postings
explaining how you was rude to me, makes me to kind of trust the
google ratings!

I don't see any of your posts that have a 5 star rating.

Ed

(To readers of m.e.l.e: this is a perfect example of how NOT to write
English.)

(P.S. I know I shouldn't do this, but it is just too fun to pass up ;-))

Several comments to explain about why this is not proper grammar:

In English, the word `was' indicates the past participle of `to be' in
the third person singular form /only/. The relevant past participle
(here, we need to be in second person, which corresponds as well to all
plural forms) that you are looking for is `were'.

Where did you learn that, fucking idiot! You are trying to make me
look bad, but at the same, you are making mistakes! For your info, I
don't proofread, when posting on the internet!

Mike Schilling

Where did you learn that, fucking idiot! You are trying to make me
look bad, but at the same, you are making mistakes! For your info, I
don't proofread, when posting on the internet!

Yuuu don8t:" I wud nev$ver hafffe gest/;'<*&^%^

Andrew Thompson

Ed wrote:
...You are trying to make me look bad, ...

Why would anyone bother?

Especially given you are ..
a) Insignificant
b) Doing such a good job of making you look bad*,
all by your lonesome self.

;-)

* But please don't allow me to stop your vitriolic
outbursts. (Oh go on, use rude words - you *know*
you want to). The available evidence suggests your
words are providing immense amusement to the
regular posters of this group.

--
Andrew Thompson
http://www.athompson.info/andrew/

Lew

Andrew said:
Ed wrote:

Why would anyone bother?

Especially given you are ..
a) Insignificant
b) Doing such a good job of making you look bad*,
all by your lonesome self.

;-)

* But please don't allow me to stop your vitriolic
outbursts. (Oh go on, use rude words - you *know*
you want to). The available evidence suggests your
words are providing immense amusement to the
regular posters of this group.

Not being able to see Ed's posts myself, I find folks' responses to him rather
delightfully surreal.

I don't regret that I don't see the original posts, though.

Ed

Not being able to see Ed's posts myself, I find folks' responses to him rather
delightfully surreal.

I don't regret that I don't see the original posts, though.

You don't regret seeing my posts, because you would feel more guilty,
if you saw them!

Ed

Ed wrote:

..

Why would anyone bother?

Especially given you are ..
a) Insignificant
b) Doing such a good job of making you look bad*,
all by your lonesome self.

;-)

* But please don't allow me to stop your vitriolic
outbursts. (Oh go on, use rude words - you *know*
you want to). The available evidence suggests your
words are providing immense amusement to the
regular posters of this group.

Regular posters, like you? Yep, that could be the case, as I know
often friendship can blind a friend to not see an other friend's
shortcomings!
**** off, now, idiot!

Andreas Leitgeb

Ed said:
Ed said:
The available evidence suggests your
words are providing immense amusement to the
regular posters of this group.
[...] **** off, now, idiot!
yah, yah, gimme mo' o' dat sduph!
I like when I control this idiot too, just look what she is writing!
Mind control at work, indeed!

Nah, dads nod de sem sduph, dads tshussd bu'shid.
Gimme summ mo' o' de ree'l one, eddiebaby!

Daniel Pitts

I have done my best to rectify this situation. I am currently bored and
as such had nothing to do but go through this thread, fixing aberrations
in the rating of various posts. It appears that I am not the only one
who has done this....

Nope. Its quite fun to 1* some person, and 5* others. I Strangely
enough, I do it on the merit of the post, and it does seem all my 1*
are going to the same person (guess who?)

Ed

What does that even mean?- Hide quoted text -

It means he could feel guilty and decide to at least apologize to me!
He doesn't want give up, his bad manner, and rudeness, and that's why,
he did everything he can, to filter my posts and seems to not having
any regret, so far!

howdouno

I like when I use the mind (Mind control at work) of this jackass, to
write nonsense!

Google will be widely recognized as a verb - and in fact already
exists in several dictionaries - within the next five years. Let's
avoid the good mistake of fossilizing language. The world, and the
English language, continues to evolve and change. Welcome to the 21st
century!