The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by David Jeff, Jan 2, 2004.

  1. David Jeff

    David Jeff Guest

    Hello,

    I'm a novice to .net environment. I'm trying to make use
    of a webservice in my asp.net client application. I
    successfully added reference to web service to my client,
    but while trying to invoke various methods, getting the
    following error.

    The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to
    the remote server.
    execution of the current web request. Please review the
    stack trace for more information about the error and where
    it originated in the code.

    Exception Details: System.Net.WebException: The underlying
    connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote
    server.

    Any idea to resolve this error.

    Thanks in advance.

    David Jeff

    David Jeff, Jan 2, 2004

  2. David Jeff

    Jan Tielens Guest

    Check out following fix:
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;819450

    SYMPTOMS
    When you call a Microsoft ASP.NET Web service from an ASP.NET application,
    you may intermittently receive the following error message:

    The underlying connection was closed. An unexpected error occured on send.

    Jan Tielens, Jan 2, 2004