Error: "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server."

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Web Services' started by TechNeck, Mar 23, 2005.

  1. TechNeck

    TechNeck Guest

    We have developed a Web Service with vb.net using VS 2003 on a Windows 2003
    Server. The Test application that we developed is passing 6 parameters to
    the Web Service, which used to work fine. All of a sudden we are receiving
    the following error message and can't connect:

    "System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: Unable to
    connect to the remote server.
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus()
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetRequestStream(IAsyncResult
    asyncResult)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String
    methodName, Object[] parameters)"

    The client that controls the box states that nothing changed over the
    weekend, but I know how many times "nothing has changed" means "we only
    applied a few updates and changed a few permissions, but nothing that would
    affect you!"

    Any help would be appreciated.

    TechNeck

    TechNeck, Mar 23, 2005