The wonder that is html

Doug Miller

Do you ever actually READ the error messages you get when you validate one of your pages?

Try putting a proper DOCTYPE declaration on the page -- like you've been told approximately
seventeen thousand times already.
I added body open and close tags in the correct places

I don't doubt that you added them...
and got 624.

.... but that suggests strongly that you did not, in fact, put them in the correct places.
I think I'll [stick] with the former.

And *that* suggests strongly that you're still trying to resolve your many coding errors by making
random changes in the hopes that one of them will "work".

Honestly, you'd save yourself a lot of time in the long run if you'd take the time to actually learn
HTML so that you could approach page construction and troubleshooting systematically, instead of
in the scattershot manner you now employ.
Something else, I've added the non-return code target="_blank"> to 2
or 3 pages but it doesn't seem to work on the site although it does on
my hard disk.

Which ones don't work?
Is this something to do with the site coding?

All things considered, it seems pretty likely...

Tim Streater

Beauregard T. Shagnasty said:
Perhaps if you had added a proper DOCTYPE, there would have been fewer.

Surely in the times you have asked questions here, *someone* has
mentioned DOCTYPEs.

17,000 times, apparently. But the fathead doesn't listen. In which case
I'm buggered if I know why he bothers trying to validate his shit.

Hot-Text

thedarkman said:
I ran this page

http://www.satpalramisguilty.20m.com/ram_bibliography.html

through

http://validator.w3.org/

and got 43 errors.

I added body open and close tags in the correct places and got 624. I
think I'll still with the former.

Something else, I've added the non-return code target="_blank"> to 2
or 3 pages but it doesn't seem to work on the site although it does on
my hard disk.

Is this something to do with the site coding?

For you Big Error is:

Free Web Hosting
Free Host Features Include:
Unlimited Traffic
20MB Free Web Space
1GB Transfer
Free Web Builder
3 Free Email Accounts
Ad Supported (banners)
Click Here to Signup
Compare Hosting Plans

Go with www.tripod.com and
your Error will start to go away....
http://satpalramisguilty.tripod.com/

Create a website for your business,
interests and hobbies on Tripod!

satpalramisguilty

Hot-Text

Tim Streater said:
17,000 times, apparently. But the fathead doesn't listen. In which case
I'm buggered if I know why he bothers trying to validate his shit.

Do do see not why,
you call the OP name,

If you do not have the right,
info or do not like to help,

just do not post a reply....

We call that a trolley..
so do not act like one
and you will not be one,

See how I give you good info,
so act civil,
and you will always,
get a civil reply..

Act like a Troll,
you see the way to a Kill File......

Doug Miller

17,000 times, apparently. But the fathead doesn't listen. In which case
I'm buggered if I know why he bothers trying to validate his shit.
He appears to be on a crusade to show that the validator is worthless. I'm sure that it is, to him.