Themes & CSS

Geoff

for my sins (in a .net 1.1 app) I have created several css files with the
same styles and then at runtime decided which css to use. For instance I have
a chat control that when in public mode uses one css and when in private mode
uses another. Now I could go through the private css and make sure all of the
entries are unique. However, I use the same control for both private and
public (hence the reason for same class names).

I have just converted this code to use themes/skins and this has left me
with a problem. As I have lots of css files all with same values and that the
themes in .net 2.0 automatically import ALL css files with the selected theme
folder, it always takes the styles from the last css it includes.

It seems like the logical answer is rather than have a 3 themes with 2 css
files, i should created 6 themes. This means a lot of extra images are
duplicated on the server and then downloaded to the client.

Instead of doing what I said above is there an easier way?
Maybe tell it which css files to use/exlude?

Thanks
Geoff

Geoff

In terms of speed it did not take long to copy the theme directories mulitple
times and then just delete the conflicting css files. However, it does mean I
have duplicated the number of icons/css that are beinging created and
downloaded.

If there is a better way please tell me.