TIFF files and Java Advanced Imaging API

Stuart Leonard

I need to read and decode a TIFF file (fascimile images), and convert
portions of the image to a String, using the locale-specific encoding. For
example, the fax could be a customer invoice, and I need to retreive the
invoice number, invoice date, etc, and write that information to a text
file.

I can handle the writing to a text file O.K., it's reading the image, and
conversion that I could use some pointers with.

Ann

Stuart Leonard said:
I need to read and decode a TIFF file (fascimile images), and convert
portions of the image to a String, using the locale-specific encoding. For
example, the fax could be a customer invoice, and I need to retreive the
invoice number, invoice date, etc, and write that information to a text
file.

I can handle the writing to a text file O.K., it's reading the image, and
conversion that I could use some pointers with.
Look for Optical Character Reader (OCR) software.