Tkinter- checkbutton

Tuvas

I want to have a checkbutton that when it is pushed will do a function
depending on if it was pushed before or not. Ei:

b=checkbutton(command=check)
b.grid(row=0,column=0)

def check():
if (b.value==0):
do_stuff_here()
elif(b.value==1)
do_other_stuff_here()

However, I keep running into problems with reading the data. How do I
make this work? Thanks!

Jim Segrave

Ere, ignore the mis-capped Checkbutton and the missed master call in
it...

You need to use a Tkinter variable (IntVar, StringVar or whatever),
associate it with the Checkbutton, and access it with the get() and
set() methods:

from Tkinter import *

root = Tk()

v = IntVar()
v.set(1)

def do_stuff_here():
print "Value is zero"

def do_other_stuff_here():
print "Value is not zero"

def check():
if v.get() == 0:
do_stuff_here()
elif v.get() == 1:
do_other_stuff_here()
else:
print "This is impossible, but it happened"

b = Checkbutton(root, text = 'Press Me', command = check, variable = v)
b.grid(row = 0, column = 0)
root.mainloop()