    more expressive.

    Cheers,
    Lordy

    lordy, Jul 28, 2006

  2. There's no point in using it on 1.4.2, since System.getenv(String)
    always throws an error when try to run it on a 1.4.2 JRE.

    Compare output of the following program:
    public class ToGetenvOrNotToGetenv
    {
    public static void main(String[] args)
    {
    System.out.println("java.runtime.version="
    + System.getProperty("java.runtime.version"));
    System.out.println("PATH=" + System.getenv("PATH"));

    On JRE 1.4.2:
    java.runtime.version=1.4.2_12-b03
    java.lang.Error: getenv no longer supported, use properties and
    -D instead: PATH
    at java.lang.System.getenv(System.java:691)
    [...]

    On JRE 1.5.0:
    java.runtime.version=1.5.0_07-b03
    PATH=C:\Data\bin\Perl\bin\;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;[...]

    Roland de Ruiter, Jul 28, 2006

  3. lordy

    lordy Guest

    Cheers,