Tool for validating xml documents against schemas

Jan Eliasen

Hi

I am searching for a tool that will allow me to validate an xml-document
against a schema. I have found several, and I have even made my own in
VB.NET but all the utilities I have found can not do what I am looking
for.

I need a utility that will validate a totally unqualified document against
an .xsd that imports three other .xsds

I seem to be able to validate an unqualified document against a schema in
a single file, but with several files it goes wrong. Any ideas? VB.NET
code that should be able to do the trick is also very welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Hook

Hi

I am searching for a tool that will allow me to validate an xml-document
against a schema. I have found several, and I have even made my own in
VB.NET but all the utilities I have found can not do what I am looking
for.

I need a utility that will validate a totally unqualified document against
an .xsd that imports three other .xsds

I seem to be able to validate an unqualified document against a schema in
a single file, but with several files it goes wrong. Any ideas? VB.NET
code that should be able to do the trick is also very welcome.

There's a free-standing validator from Sun which is written in Java.
Can't remember the URL (sorry), but it should be an easy find from
Google.

Alexey Dmitriev

Hook said:
There's a free-standing validator from Sun which is written in Java.
Can't remember the URL (sorry), but it should be an easy find from
Google.
Sun Multi-Schema XML Validator

Jan Eliasen

Sun Multi-Schema XML Validator
I have just tried it - It gives me an error in my .xsd;
"0" is invalid value for "mixed" attribute
4569:59@file:/c:/xsd/0p70dk_Reusable.xsd
failed to load a grammar.

But when I use my VB.NET tool to validate the xsd I get no errors. So what
am I to believe? :-/

Patrick TJ McPhee

%
% > > There's a free-standing validator from Sun which is written in Java.
% > > Can't remember the URL (sorry), but it should be an easy find from
% > > Google.
% > Sun Multi-Schema XML Validator
% I have just tried it - It gives me an error in my .xsd;
% "0" is invalid value for "mixed" attribute
% 4569:59@file:/c:/xsd/0p70dk_Reusable.xsd
% failed to load a grammar.
%
% But when I use my VB.NET tool to validate the xsd I get no errors. So what
% am I to believe? :-/

Well, 0 is an invalid value for the `mixed' attribute, so if you have

mixed='0'

on one of your xs:complexType elements, believe the Sun validator.
Try setting it to `true' or `false'.