Toolbar Web Control in Windows Server 2003

Clyde240

Toolbar controls developed using Visual Studio 2003 on a development computer
running Windows XP Professional do not display or operate properly when
installed on the server running Windows Server 2003. They worked OK when the
same server ran Windows Server 2000, but Server 2003 has put an end to that.

Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

Thanks

Clyde240

Alvin,

Thanks for the response.

Do you mean the "c:\inetpub\wwwroot\webctrl_client\1_0\toolbar.htc" file?

The .HTC file is there, but maybe I should be looking for something else.
The toolbar just displays as text. I have checked the the DLL is registered
globally and I have emptied the IE cache. The .NET Framework is v1.1.

Thanks again.
--
Clyde240

Alvin Bruney said:
The typical issue for that is the tree control can't find the behavior file
located in the web_client directory. See if this directory is present on the
new system.

--

________________________
Warm regards,

[Shameless Author plug]
Professional VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley
The O.W.C. Black Book with .NET
www.lulu.com/owc, Amazon
Blog: http://www.msmvps.com/blogs/alvin

Clyde240 said:
Toolbar controls developed using Visual Studio 2003 on a development
computer
running Windows XP Professional do not display or operate properly when
installed on the server running Windows Server 2003. They worked OK when
the
same server ran Windows Server 2000, but Server 2003 has put an end to
that.

Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

Thanks

Clyde240

I checked the web.config file, but could not find anything that mentions
path. I did include the assembly, using the <add assembly > tag, but it
didn't make a difference.

The Microsoft.Web.UI.WebControls.dll assembly is included as a Reference for
the project, and the path name referenced is correct.

Is there something in Server 2003 or IIS v6.0 that would change settings?
This project worked on the same machine when it ran Server 2000 and IIS v5.x.

Thanks for all the help.
--
Clyde240

Alvin Bruney said:
Search your web config file or machine config file for that folder. Make
sure the path to that file in your configuration file EXACTLY matches the
location of the file on disk.

--

________________________

Alvin Bruney said:
[...]

That worked! I had previously tried re-installing over top, but this
morning I uninstalled and re-installed - and that did the trick. Don't know
why it worked, but it did.

Thanks again,
--
Clyde240

Alvin Bruney said:
At this point, i'd suggest you re-install the web control on the affected
machine. We could be digging around endlessly for a cause for the entire
day.

--

: