Top Programming Languages of 2013

Wildemar Wildenburger

Kay said:
Despite my doubts that Ajax and .NET will be programming languages in
2013 a more interesting question is: what could push Python forward
s.t. it eats such a large piece of the PL cake?
import friends
import sex

try:
sex.have()
except ErrectionError, PrematureError:
pass
finally:
sex.brag(friends)

chris.monsanto

import friends
import sex

try:
sex.have()
except ErrectionError, PrematureError:
pass
finally:
sex.brag(friends)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
KeyError: 'woman'

Byung-Hee HWANG

import friends
import sex

try:
sex.have()
except ErrectionError, PrematureError:
pass
finally:
sex.brag(friends)

Good! But.........................
I think a kiss is elegant more than a sex.
What do you think of?

Wildemar Wildenburger

Byung-Hee HWANG said:
Good! But.........................
I think a kiss is elegant more than a sex.
What do you think of?

Elegant maybe, but for Python to stand out (he...), it needs something
above newbie-level.
Mind you that this is just a basic (and rather cheap) operation from the
standard libs of 2013. More pythonic alternatives (like sex.strangle.*)
will be provided as well.

/W

Tim Roberts

Wildemar Wildenburger said:
import friends
import sex

try:
sex.have()
except ErrectionError, PrematureError:
pass
finally:
sex.brag(friends)

Well, if "ErrectionError" ever becomes a real exception, I certainly get a
boatload of email every day from people offering to help me deal with it.

Wildemar Wildenburger

Tim said:
Well, if "ErrectionError" ever becomes a real exception, I certainly get a
boatload of email every day from people offering to help me deal with it.

Yeah, because they'va actually spell-checked it. ;)