tracing c++ functions

Lutz Altmann

Hi,

i'm searching a handy way to trace my c++ programms - so that i can
visually reproduce the
function call sequence.
Can anyone recommend a tracing-tool/method ?

Greetings,
Lutz

Victor Bazarov

Lutz said:
i'm searching a handy way to trace my c++ programms - so that i can
visually reproduce the
function call sequence.
Can anyone recommend a tracing-tool/method ?

Repeat after me: "I will get and use a profiler".

Anonymous

ok ;)
whats a good (easy to use) profiler for linux ?

valgrind --tool=callgrind <-- that's for generating the profiles
kcachegrind <-- and for viewing them