tracing

Guest

HI
when I have a page which calls a component I want to do the following -
tracing set to false on the pag
tracing set to true in the componen
tracing set to false in the page after the call to the component. This is so any further tracing calls are ignored
However, I find that there are no tracing results. Can I do this sort of thing - perhaps I am missing something
Regards
Paul Ibiso