Tree menu problem

tim

Hi There

I have created a tree menu for my website using an unordered list. You
can see a sample here:

www.geocities.com/timdenton3000

You will notice that when you click in between one of the list items,
you are able to select and expand it without it selecting the tag
which it would link to. What i would like to do is expand the
clickable area of the tag or reduce the clickable area of the list
item to that its not possible to open one without the other.

Not sure if im making sense here, but i think that the demo should
explain itself.

I'd really appreciate some help with it, but im not sure if its a
javascript or css issue?

All the best

Tim