trigger event on opener from popup when closing it or run opener script from popup

Urs Gubler

This seems to be a tricky one.

I have a popup window where I fill in a value into a text box.
This value must be passed to the opener. This is no problem.
Matin Honnen gave me a solution for it like:

opener.document.getElementById('Cell1').innerHTML = 'hello'
for table cells or
opener.document.getElementById('txtBox').Value = 'hello'
for elements with a value property

Thanks again for the help.

However, my problem is, that I work with UltraWebGrid2 from
Infragistics.
To update a Cell in such a Grid you must call a client function which
is only available in the Opener where the Grid is. If I just overwrite
the <TD ID=gridrc1_1_1> 'mytext' </TD> it is not realized by the
Infragistics
Grid, internaly it keeps the old value.

I see 2 possibiliteies to get accross this problem.

1. I could start a script on the opener from the popup. This seems
hardly possible.

2. I could write the value using
opener.document.getElementById('txtBox').value to a hidden field on
the Opener where my Grid resides. Then I trigger an event
on the opener when I close the popup. This event starts a script which
reads the txtBox value. And calls the Infragistics Function to update
the Cell in the Grid.

What I need is any event or script fired on the opener when I close
the popup or when I do anything else in the popup.

Thanks a lot for any ideas, regards, Urs