triggering rollback manually-what methods should i use???

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Greg Hauptmann, Jan 8, 2009.

  1. hi

    Q1. If I want to manually trigger a DB transaction roleback
    progrmatically what approach/methods should I use?

    Q2. Also if in the transactions I use multiple models, should I start
    the transaction by (a) choosing one of the models & going
    <model>.transaction do, or (b) use some other generic DB transaction
    method (ie no model namc)?

    REQUIREMENTS:
    * upload of records from file
    * want to try each one re loading into DB, then collect errors in
    array for those that fail
    * then at end want to:
    (a) roll back everything , but also
    (b) overall method should NOT raise exception (ie why I want to
    trigger rollback without relying on an exception to do this

    thanks

    Greg Hauptmann, Jan 8, 2009

  2. Greg Hauptmann

    Roger Pack Guest

    If it's straight mysql it's something like
    execute("BEGIN")
    execute("ROLLBACK")

    If it's rails then I know raising causes one, not sure of others.
    Cheers!
    -=r
    google rails how to rollback without raise

    Roger Pack, Jan 8, 2009