trouble binding a datagrid to a custom collection

Guest

I'm trying to bind a custom collection to an autogenerated datagrid without
success.
I'm getting this error:

DataGrid with id 'DataGrid2' could not automatically generate any columns
from the selected data source.
Could you help me to find a solution? What is the problem in my code? Thanks.

Here is my code (NewsContent.aspx):
<asp:DataGrid id="DataGrid2" runat="server"></asp:DataGrid>
</form>

//--------------------------------------------------------------------

Code behind:(NewsContent.aspx.cs).
public class NewsContent{

ListItemCollection myListCollection = AddToCustomCollection();
this.DataGrid2.DataSource = myListCollection;
this.DataGrid2.DataBind();
}

private ListItemCollection AddToCustomCollection()
{

ListItemCollection myListCollection = new ListItemCollection();
NewsContent.NewsItem myItem1 = new NewsContent.NewsItem("viko", "url1",
"today");
NewsContent.NewsItem myItem2 = new NewsContent.NewsItem("vikan", "url2",
"imorgon");
NewsContent.NewsItem myItem3 = new NewsContent.NewsItem("kiki", "url3",
"veckan");
myListCollection.Add(myItem1);
myListCollection.Add(myItem2);
myListCollection.Add(myItem3);

return myListCollection;
}

//Inner Class which holds all properties needed to show news content and
listings
public class NewsItem
{
public NewsItem()
public NewsItem(string linkName, string linkUrl, string date)
public string linkName;
public string linkUrl;
public string date;
public string longDate;

//---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm using a collection class: (ListItemCollection.cs):

public class ListItemCollection:CollectionBase
{
public ListItemCollection()
{
//
// TODO: Add constructor logic here
//
}

public NewsContent.NewsItem Item(int index)
{
//the appropiate item is retrieved from the list object and
//explicitly cast to the ListItem type, then returned to the
//caller
return (NewsContent.NewsItem) List[index];
}

public int Add(NewsContent.NewsItem myNewsItem)
{
return List.Add(myNewsItem);