Trouble installing Eclipse Europa 3.3 on Win. XP

Lloyd Dube

Hi folks,

I downloaded the latest Eclipse distro as well as the Sun JDK6. After
installing the JDK (which should also install the JRE), i double-
clicked the Eclipse executable and got an error like - "The Eclipse
executable could not find its companion shared library".

Things i tried:
- manually setting the PATH variables for both the Eclipse folder and
the JDK6 folder on my system,
- trying to execute Eclipse from the JDK6 and Eclipse sub-folders

Still no luck. Would a kind soul enlighten me?

Thanks,

Lloyd Dube