Trouble while saving copy pasted Text from MS Word into JSP page. Saves with "?" chars in Oracle

Dhara

HI!
I am working on a java application and am having some issues while
copy pasting text from word documents into oracle database from a jsp
page. When characters like bullet format are copy pasted into the
text area they are getting saved with "?" characters. When this text
is emailed to users using SMTP host, the mails are going as an
attachment instead of a text. This is because, I believe the SMTP
host is treating the "?" as some spl characters. I also see the
following msg in the email when it goes as an attachment:

"This message uses a character set that is not supported by the
Internet Service. To view the original message content, open the
attached message. If the text doesn't display correctly, save the
attachment to disk, and then open it using a viewer that can display
the original character set.
"

I just need some help to filter MS Word format's like bullets in the
copy pasted text before saving it to the database. Any help would be
greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Radha