trouble with matplotlib

lisa.engblom

Hi,

I am using matplotlib with python to generate a bunch of charts. My
code works fine for a single iteration, which creates and saves 4
different charts. The trouble is that when I try to run it for the
entire set (about 200 items) it can run for 12 items at a time. On the
13th, I get an error from matplotlib that says it can't access data.
However, if I start the program at the point it failed before it works
fine and will create the charts for the next 12 before failing. I
assume that I am not closing the files properly somehow or otherwise
misallocating memory. This is the function that creates a chart:

#create and save the figure
def CreateFigure(state, facility, unit, SO2, increment, year, P99):
size = len(SO2)

#Create Plot
figure(1, figsize=(10,8))
bar(range(1, size+2), SO2, width=0.1, color='k')
grid(True)
xlim(0,size)
ylim(0, 1.1*SO2[-1])
ylabel('SO2 [lb/hr]')
heading = ConstructFigName(state, facility, unit, increment, year)
title(heading)

#set handles
xticklines = getp(gca(), 'xticklines')
xgridlines = getp(gca(), 'xgridlines')
xticklabels = getp(gca(), 'xticklabels')
yticklines = getp(gca(), 'yticklines')

#set properties
setp(xticklines, visible=False)
setp(xgridlines, visible=False)
setp(xticklabels, visible=False)
setp(yticklines, visible=False)

axhspan(P99, P99, lw=3, ec='r', fc='r')
ax = gca()
#P99 = str(P99)
P99 = '%0.1f' % P99
text(0.01, 0.95, '99th Percentile: '+P99+' lb/hr',
transform=ax.transAxes)

figpath = ConstructFigPath(state, facility, unit, increment, year)
savefig(figpath)
close()

Can you see the problem?

thanks,