troubles with <jsp:forward />

mcraven.2

I want more than one button on a form linking to different websites. I
know how I can link to a different web form using javascript but I
don't how I would submit the data in the previous form. Is it possible
to nest forms in a webpage? So that they have different action=" "
properties or will that fail? I tried it on a web form and got a
failure for the inside form.

So anyway I've tried using a forward jsp tag at the top of the same
webform. When a button is pressed the same web form is loaded, on
forwards to the appropiate web form. The problem I get with this set
up is that the new web site does not show up in the address bar and
some of my commands get mixed up on that second web form. It's like
the commands are coming from the second web form but they are being
addressed to the web site in the address bar. Is there another way to
load a web page with a jsp command other than forward? If I'm not
clear I'll try explaining again.

Andrew Thompson

...The problem I get with this set
up is that the new web site does not show up in the address bar and
some of my commands get mixed up on that second web form. It's like
the commands are coming from the second web form but they are being
addressed to the web site in the address bar.

If it can be done it in (valid) HTML, it can be can recreated
in HTML using Java. The thing is..
a) I suspect it cannot be done in valid HTML
b) Java programmers are the last people to ask about HTML.

Try comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html

Andrew T.