[Tutor] "Sounding" Off, IDLE (Win7)

W. eWatson

In Win7 IDLE, when I type in something with a syntax problem, a bell
rings. How do I stop that? I've looked at Control Panel Sounds, but
don't see anything of apparent use.

rantingrick

In Win7 IDLE, when I type in something with a syntax problem, a bell
rings. How do I stop that? I've looked at Control Panel Sounds, but
don't see anything of apparent use.

Monkey Patch Said: """ Turn off your speakers"""

MRAB

rantingrick said:
Monkey Patch Said: """ Turn off your speakers"""

But what if you like to listen to music while programming?

Look in the folder <pythonfolder>\Lib\idlelib for a file called
"config-extensions.def". In it is a line:

bell=1

Change that to:

bell=0

Save the file and restart IDLE.