Type not Defined. Going crazy!

shapper

Hello,

On an ASP.NET 3.5 web site App_Code folder I have a class named
BoxesView under the namespace Engine.

On an aspx page code behind I have the following:

Protected WithEvents c As New Engine.BoxesView

Then I added it to the page. BoxesView inherits composite control.

I don't get any error when I write my code. However when I build the
web site I sometimes get the following error:

Compiler Error Message: BC30002: Type 'BoxesView' is not defined.

Sometimes the page runs fine sometimes I get the error.

I don't make any changes ... I have no idea why this is happening!

I am on this for 2 hours.

Why does my page either runs or display an error?

And why I don't get any error in my code but only when sometimes when
I run my page or build the web site?

I am using VS 2008.

Thanks,

Miguel

Mark Fitzpatrick

Miguel,
It can be very tricky to work with the VS Web Site Projects. I always use
the Web Application Project for exactly this reason since it all compiles
into a single DLL instead of many dlls. Make sure that you are also
importing the namespace correctly for your class that is coming from the
App_Code folder.

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Microsoft MVP - Expression