Unable to cast object of type 'ASP.main_master' to type 'ASP.main_master'.

craigkenisston

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\mysite\00fde41c\efd931db\App_Web_msn3-rrs.8.cs Line: 0

I get this error randomly.
Some times, in the middle of the run, the application just start
throwing this kind of errors.
Some times It get fixed by closing visual studio and reopen the
project. Some other times it needs to have the cache cleaned.
But the thing is, why are these errors happening, where do they come
from ?
It is too annoying to have to close and reopen everything each 5
minutes.

Ken Cox - Microsoft MVP

Are you running Index server or a virus scanner in the Microsoft.NET folder?
If so, try disabling it/them.

Ken

Joined
Jul 25, 2006
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
same issue with ASP.master

Source File: c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary
ASP.NET Files\mysite\00fde41c\efd931db\App_Web_msn3-rrs.8.cs Line: 0

I get this error randomly.
Some times, in the middle of the run, the application just start
throwing this kind of errors.
Some times It get fixed by closing visual studio and reopen the
project. Some other times it needs to have the cache cleaned.
But the thing is, why are these errors happening, where do they come
from ?
It is too annoying to have to close and reopen everything each 5
minutes.

Hi, I'm having the same issue. Were you able to fix this if so can please tell me how you manage to resolve it? Thank You.