Unable to connect to the Sql server database

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Guest, Sep 9, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Guest Guest

    hi all,
    I can't connect to the Sql server database, and I see this error message:
    "BC30519: Overload resolution failed because no accessible 'New' can be
    called without a narrowing conversion" on the code below with "Here is the
    error code ->". Do anyone know how to fix it! Here is the code

    sub Page_Load

    dim myConnection as New SqlConnection("Provider=sqloledb;Data
    Source=sss3333;Initial Catalog=eDB;User Id=eeee;Password=eeee;")

    "Here is the error code ->" dim myCommand as New SqlDataAdapter("SELECT
    symbol_id, symbol_name FROM d_symbol", myConnection)

    sqlDataReader=myCommand.ExecuteReader()
    listbox1.DataSource = sqlDataReader
    listbox1.DataBind()
    sqlDataReader.Close()