Unable to open project.

Winshent

I have recently upgraded my desktop from windows 2000 to XP Pro. I
backed up my project by simply copying accross the files in the
project.

I have changed the default virtual directory from InetPub to another
and i have enabled file sharing and security settings for Internet
Guest Account, VS Developers and ASPNET Account.

I have copied my project files (all within the project folder) under
the default directory and converted this folder to an application
within IIS.

I receive the following error:-

Unable to open Web project 'BMS/BMSSite'. The file path
'C:\aWork\WebDevelopment\BMSSite' does not correspond to the URL
'http://Localhost:/BMS/BMSSite'. The two need to map to the same server
location. HTTP Error 404: Object Not Found.
I can create a new project without any problems.

Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP]

You might want to open IIS Manager and go into the properties for
BMS/BMSSite. On the Virtual Directory tab, check that the Local Path setting
corresponds to the new physical location. Also be sure there's an
Application name.

Sometimes it is easier to delete a virtual directory and start with a new
one of the same name using the wizard. Also, check inside the VS solution
and project files to make sure the paths are correct.