Unable to start debugging on the Web server

Guest

When trying to run my application in debug mode from VS 2003 I am getting
"Unable to start debugging on the Web server" error. Everything worked fine
until I installed VS 2005 to the same box. I tryed to attach the
"aspnet_ws.dll" process manualy, but it didn't go trough. Under available
processes "aspnet_ws.dll" is listed first, but the version number is
2.0.50727.42. Is there a way to attach "aspnet_ws.dll" v1.1.4322.2032 worker
process when running debuger under VS 2003? Or, is it the problem somewhere
else?

James Fujino

Boro,
Sounds like your 1.1 application got turned into a 2.0 application in
IIS. You can confirm this by going to
c:\windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\ and running
aspnet_regiis.exe -lk

The -lk option will display the framework associations. You can
re-associate the 1.1 framework with your application by using the -s
option similar to what follows.

aspnet_regiis.exe -s W3SVC/1/ROOT/myapplication/

Might have to change to /1/ to whatever your web site uses.

Will also want to make sure that the user aspnet has rights to the
application directory, I'm guessing that this is probably ok if your
are putting it in Inetpub.

Once you do this everything should work ok.

Sincererly,
James Fujino