Unresolved reference message

hemant.bhargava7

In hierarchical netlist, I have top module name as "r_abc" and inside that module is a flop as:

(hierarchical names)
\abc/def/ghi/jkl
( .C ( clk )
.D ( I0 )
.CE ( CE_pin )
.Q ( Output_pin ) );

So, when i try to access the CE pin of this flop in my testbench, i get "Unresolved reference" error. I did it as:
r_abc.\abc/def/ghi/jkl .CE
<top_module>.<flop_name> .CE

Can someone figure out what is going wrong here?

- Hemant

Rob Gaddi

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:00:31 -0800 (PST)
In hierarchical netlist, I have top module name as "r_abc" and inside that module is a flop as:

(hierarchical names)
\abc/def/ghi/jkl
( .C ( clk )
.D ( I0 )
.CE ( CE_pin )
.Q ( Output_pin ) );

So, when i try to access the CE pin of this flop in my testbench, i get "Unresolved reference" error. I did it as:
r_abc.\abc/def/ghi/jkl .CE
<top_module>.<flop_name> .CE

Can someone figure out what is going wrong here?

- Hemant

Offhand, I'd say the problem is that you're writing Verilog. You do
know that this is comp.lang.vhdl, right? With a VHDL in it.

Not that someone here isn't likely to have spillover knowledge that can
help you out, but so far you've failed at appropriate question
targeting, and might want to repost it somewhere better suited. There
is a comp.lang.verilog, though having never stuck my head in I can't
tell you whether or not it's particularly active.