'Unsatisfied Link' error in java.library.path

bill.blackmon

I'm getting the following error message when I attempt to run an
application:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jacob in java.library.path
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(Unknown Source)
at com.jacob.com.Dispatch.<clinit>(Dispatch.java)
at com.wgblackmon.ebay.SimpleListApp.main(SimpleListApp.java:70)
Exception in thread "main"

I was advised elsewhere to add the jacob.dll file to my system32
directory and add an entry to my system path that refers to the .dll. I
did this and I still get the same error. I'm using Eclipse 3.0 and the
eBaySDK.

Kari Ikonen

I'm getting the following error message when I attempt to run an
application:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no jacob in java.library.path ....
Exception in thread "main"

I was advised elsewhere to add the jacob.dll file to my system32
directory and add an entry to my system path that refers to the .dll.

Advice to copy some random DLLs into windows/system32 is very bad advice.

Instead just specify system property -Djava.library.path=BLAH via Run
-properties in Eclipse. i.e. Arguments/VM Arguments.

BLAH=Directory where your DLLs are located.

(Well, putting BLAH into %PATH% works also of course, but...)