unspecified error

mathieu.page

Hi,

I have an application that run on employees computer during the day.
This application log their time on differents projects and use an
ASP.NET web service to write them into a database.

Some times a week thoses applications throw this exception :

************** Texte de l'exception **************
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapException: Server was unable to
process request. --> Erreur non spécifiée
at
System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage
message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean
asyncCall)
at
methodName, Object[] parameters)
at Horodateur.ServiceHorodateur.Service.GetHeure()
at Horodateur.frmMain.tmrSecondes_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.OnTick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg,
IntPtr idEvent, IntPtr dwTime)

(The part in french mean "unsepciffied error")

If we click on continue the application try to query the web service
again and it fail. After some second, if we keep trying it works again
without any exception.

This error does not occur on a web service function in particular.

Since the error message (Server was unable to process request. -->
Erreur non spécifiée) said nothing about the true reason of
this error I am now cluless.

Is there someone whith a idea of what this error is about ?

Thanks in advance.

Mathieu Pagé
(e-mail address removed)