Update Field Containing Primary Key

Joined
Jun 29, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Current Situation:
I have a table with two fields that make the primary key
- field A (want to update)
- field B

along with other fields
- field c
- field d

I want to be able to update field A using detailview in asp.net but it gives me an error the following:

"Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'TableA', table 'Database.dbo.TableA'; column does not allow nulls. UPDATE fails.
The statement has been terminated."

the field A that I want to change or update current has data in it, I just want to be able to change it and update it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

it simply won't let me update that field A but as long as I don't try to change field A then I can update everything else