Update from VS.NET 2002 to VS.NET 2003

Sami

Hello,
Is there anyway one can obtain the upgrade CD from VS.NET 2002 to VS.NET
2003. I bought the Visual Studio Enterprise Architect 2002 when it came out
and missed out on the opportunity to buy an update to VS.NET 2003 when it
was being offered on the Microsoft Web Site. Where can I find the update
now?

Any help would be appreciated.

I want to use the .NET Framework 1.1 and above for my development and would
also like to develop apps for PPC2003 but cannot do either with VS.NET 2002.

Hallo,
Ich möchte gerne das Update für VS.NET 2002 auf VS.NET 2003. Wo finde ich
das?
Ich möchte Apps für PPC2003 entwickeln und auch unter .NET Framework 1.1
aber leider ist es mit VS.NET 2002 nicht möglich.

Bitte um mehr Info.

Peter van der Goes

Sami said:
Hello,
Is there anyway one can obtain the upgrade CD from VS.NET 2002 to VS.NET
2003. I bought the Visual Studio Enterprise Architect 2002 when it came
out
and missed out on the opportunity to buy an update to VS.NET 2003 when it
was being offered on the Microsoft Web Site. Where can I find the update
now?

Any help would be appreciated.

I want to use the .NET Framework 1.1 and above for my development and
would
also like to develop apps for PPC2003 but cannot do either with VS.NET
2002.
If you're referring to the $29 US upgrade, no.
That offer expired on September 30, 2003 if I recall correctly.
There are upgrade versions available, but not cheap.
Here's an example:
Go to www.provantage.com and search on "Microsoft Visual Studio". You'll
find the "upgrade" for $1555.29 US.
You may well find better prices doing your own searches.

Carlos J. Quintero [.NET MVP]

The upgrade offer of 29 USD expired long time ago so it won't be so cheap to
upgrade now. Since Visual Studio 2005 will be released this year (we are
waiting Beta 2) you may prefer to start developing with the betas of VS 2005
rather than expending money in a product that will be deprecated in less
than a year. Not sure about your timeframes...

--

Carlos J. Quintero

MZ-Tools 4.0: Productivity add-ins for Visual Studio .NET
You can code, design and document much faster.
http://www.mztools.com

Sami

Hi,
Which product exactly is going to be deprecated?
VS.NET 2002 or VS.NET 2002 & 2003?

Scott M.

2002 is already deprecated, 2003 will be soon enough.

Sami said:
Hi,
Which product exactly is going to be deprecated?
VS.NET 2002 or VS.NET 2002 & 2003?

--
Regards,
Sami

[Remove Numbers from e-mail address to use it]
Carlos J. Quintero said:
The upgrade offer of 29 USD expired long time ago so it won't be so cheap to
upgrade now. Since Visual Studio 2005 will be released this year (we are
waiting Beta 2) you may prefer to start developing with the betas of VS 2005
rather than expending money in a product that will be deprecated in less
than a year. Not sure about your timeframes...

--

Carlos J. Quintero

MZ-Tools 4.0: Productivity add-ins for Visual Studio .NET
You can code, design and document much faster.
http://www.mztools.com

Robby

Does it matter which version of VS.Net you have? The Framework is free so
couldn't you keep the VS.Net 2002 and just download and install the 2003 or
2005 version? Am I missing something?

Robby

Robby said:
Does it matter which version of VS.Net you have? The Framework is free so
couldn't you keep the VS.Net 2002 and just download and install the 2003
or 2005 version? Am I missing something?

Robby
Well, yes.
The various versions of Visual Studio work (as delivered) only with certain
versions of the .NET Framework.
Visual Studio .NET 2002 works with ,NET Framework 1.0.
Visual Studio .NET 2003 works with .NET Framework v1.1. and
Visual Studio 2005 (beta) works with .NET Framework v2.0.
the .NET Framework versions are free, but only work with Visual Studio as
above.

Guest

Sami said:
[...]

Danke & Regards,
Sami

[Remove Numbers from e-mail address to use it]
There are several 2002 - 2003 upgrades on EBay.

Guest

Ty said:
Sami said:
[...]

One last thing - never develop in a BETA for a production application.
That, to me, is a very bad practice.