Upload into ftp from asp.net

Guest

i am using a html file control for my asp.net site but as we know we cant
manage

with this control for files with large sizes

so can i use ftp instead in asp.net if yes how??

pls Reply as soon as possible

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

one simple approach is to use the process class to invoke a dos prompt
command to do the ftp load

--
Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Now Available @ www.lulu.com/owc
Forth-coming VSTO.NET - Wrox/Wiley 2006

Guest

Hello,

for file upload with large file size, try this configuration value in the
<system.web> area of the we.config:

<httpRuntime maxRequestLength="102400" />

i hope that it helps

Joshua Flanagan

I think the question was about receiving a file via FTP, not sending one.
I'm not sure why you would try to receive via FTP within ASP.NET - why
not use an FTP server?

Guest

i also have a vssinterop working to maintain the uploaded documents version

is there a way through which i can know when a ftp starts and ends

because if i start a command prompt then its another proces and i wont come

know of its end .

Sundar.k said:
i am using a html file control for my asp.net site but as we know we cant
manage

with this control for files with large sizes

so can i use ftp instead in asp.net if yes how??

pls Reply as soon as possible

Alvin Bruney - ASP.NET MVP

you can query the status of the executing process thru the process class