Hi From Canada

Joined
Nov 26, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Hi everyone. I'm new here. My name is Rob, and I'm from Ontario Canada.
I enjoy coding as a hobby, and have never had any formal education. I'm somewhat OK with VBA at this point, the basics, and know what I know through reading, experimentation and generous helps from folks in forums like these. I really appreciate the patience some give, especially to those that are simply learning as a hobby. I've heard this is a forum foregiving of newbies.

I am looking now at expanding into Javascript, HTML and CSS as VBA as you all well know is limited in functionality especially for mobile type applications.

Joined
Jul 4, 2023
Messages
366
Reaction score
41
I'm somewhat OK with VBA at this point
I think you probably know hta too ;)

VBA as you all well know is limited in functionality especially for mobile type applications
VBA is very similar to VB, so: Visual Basic (VB) is a programming language created by Microsoft, with its popular version being Visual Basic .NET (VB.NET). When it comes to developing applications for mobile devices, there are several options depending on the operating system you want to target. Here are a few possibilities:

  1. Xamarin:
    • Xamarin is a platform that allows you to write applications for various platforms (iOS, Android, Windows) using the C# language (including VB.NET) and the Visual Studio development environment.
    • You can use Xamarin.Forms to create a shared user interface for different platforms or Xamarin.Native to write separate interfaces for each platform.
  2. Visual Studio with UWP (Universal Windows Platform):
    • If you want to focus on the Windows platform, you can use Visual Basic in conjunction with UWP, allowing you to write applications that can run on various Windows 10 devices, such as PCs, tablets, and phones.
  3. .NET MAUI (Multi-platform App UI):
    • .NET MAUI is another platform from Microsoft that enables you to write applications that can run on multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, and Windows. In .NET MAUI, you can use either C# or VB.NET.
  4. Apache Cordova:
    • If you want to create a hybrid mobile application that works on multiple platforms, you can use Apache Cordova in conjunction with Visual Basic. Cordova allows you to use standard web technologies such as HTML, CSS, and JavaScript to build applications.
Remember that the choice depends on your preferences, experience, and project requirements. It's also essential to consider the preferences of the target platform (iOS, Android, Windows) and the type of application (native, hybrid).

Joined
Nov 26, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Thank you VBService. You've provided a good starting point. I'll certainly have to put some forethought in before I dive in.

Joined
Aug 9, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Hi, Nice to meet you.
Could you please send a message to (e-mail address removed)?
There is something I want to tell you.
thank you