Upload not happening!

raj

Hi,

I am trying to develop a upload aspx form using the example and code
provided at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en=US;323245

using the same code and example.... ! the objective i am trying to achieve
is ...upload the files which are more than

500MB files ...! I configured both the machine.config file and web.config
files in the httpRuntime maxRequestLength
for more than 1GB ...but still the upload doesn't happen . I am having a
Windows 2000 Pro Workstation with Visual Studio .NET 1.0 and IIS 5.0 for
development purpose with 256 MB RAM.

Is there a limit for the size of the file which could be
uploaded?

Is there any better workaround for the same ?

I am using asp.Net and visual Basic .Net and not familiar with any
other .Net supported languages.. eg(C#,C++...etc).

Can you people tel me what I am missing ???? And where Ia m going
wrong????

Thanks in advance ..!
Raj

Joerg Jooss

"raj" spoke:
Hi,

I am trying to develop a upload aspx form using the example and code
provided at

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en=US;323245

using the same code and example.... ! the objective i am trying to
achieve is ...upload the files which are more than

500MB files ...! I configured both the machine.config file and
web.config files in the httpRuntime maxRequestLength
for more than 1GB ...but still the upload doesn't happen . I am
having a Windows 2000 Pro Workstation with Visual Studio .NET 1.0
and IIS 5.0 for development purpose with 256 MB RAM.

Is there a limit for the size of the file which could be
uploaded?

The built-in ASP.NET upload functionality does not scale up to what you
want to do. You'll need a custom implementation or revert to other means
like HTTP PUT.

Cheers,